Come and learn about the challenges facing immigrants to the U.S. and the perspective of the “Dream Act” as the most popular legislative initiative to address immigration.
• Why are certain immigrants granted a path to citizenship and not others?
• Who is being denied access to citizenship and for what reasons?
• How can you become engaged in work with immigrant communities?
Join David Campbell, associate professor and chair of public administration, for a discussion from 6-7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 12, in UU-102.
Panelists will include:
• Aja Martinez, assistant professor of English
• Lisbeth Pereyra – MPA student
• Stephen Ruszczyk – PhD student, community activist
A Q & A session with panelists will follow. Pizza will be served!
For more information, go online.