Gal Beckerman, author of the award-winning book When They Come for Us, We’ll Be Gone: The Epic Struggle to Save Soviet Jewry will be the guest speaker at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, May 24, at the Jewish Community Center, 500 Clubhouse Road, Vestal. His talk is the third in a series: “Jewish Troublemakers of the 1960s”, and is titled “Meir Kahane, The Radical Rabbi of New York”. Beckerman is currently the opinion editor of The Forward daily newspaper and was a longtime editor and writer for the Columbia Journalism Review. This program is co-sponsored by the Judaic Studies Department, and is open to the public. Admission is $8 general or $5 seniors. Binghamton University students are free. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Other BU Blogs
- Nukporfe African Drumming and Dance Ensemble
- International Coffee Hour
- MRC Global Fiesta to be held Dec. 4
- Tuesday, November 19: Friedheim Memorial Lecture/Recital: Opera at the Piano, Liszt’s Transcriptions from Wagner
- Colloquium to examine “Armed Group Competition and Civilian Abuse in Multiparty Civil Wars”