The Binghamton University Wind Symphony, conducted by Robert Smith, will celebrate Mexico’s Independence Day with the “Cinco de Mayo” concert at 3 p.m. Saturday, May 5, in the AC-Chamber Hall with works by native Mexican composers as well as compositions by American composers inspired by aspects of Mexican culture. Tickets are $6 general public; $3 faculty/staff/seniors and free for students and are available at the Anderson Center Box Office from noon-5:30 p.m. weekdays, by calling 607-777-ARTS, online at http://anderson.binghamton.edu or at the door. For more information, call the Binghamton University Music Department at 607-777-2592, visit http://music.binghamton.edu or become a fan on Facebook.
Other BU Blogs
- Nukporfe African Drumming and Dance Ensemble
- International Coffee Hour
- MRC Global Fiesta to be held Dec. 4
- Tuesday, November 19: Friedheim Memorial Lecture/Recital: Opera at the Piano, Liszt’s Transcriptions from Wagner
- Colloquium to examine “Armed Group Competition and Civilian Abuse in Multiparty Civil Wars”