Hillel at Binghamton will host the annual community Yom HaShoah (Holocaust Remembrance Day) memorial ceremony and 24-hour name reading at 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 18, in FA-Casadesus. Holocaust survivor Helga Shepard will speak and share the story of how she witnessed the horrors of the Holocaust as a young child and survived through it all. The ceremony will be followed by the commencement of the 24-hour reading of names of victims. To sign up to read names for a half-hour time slot, visit http://www.hillelatbinghamton.org/yomhashoah.
Other BU Blogs
- VizCult presentation to focus on North Korean movie
- The Life and Afterlife of Tahirih: Eastern and Western Perspectives
- NEW DATE! Exploring everyday Kurdish life through discussion of research and world events
- Panel Discussion: Kurdish Community Perspectives: Impacting Our World
- IASH Fellows Speaker Series