Hillel at Binghamton will host the annual community Yom HaShoah (Holocaust Remembrance Day) memorial ceremony and 24-hour name reading at 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 18, in FA-Casadesus. Holocaust survivor Helga Shepard will speak and share the story of how she witnessed the horrors of the Holocaust as a young child and survived through it all. The ceremony will be followed by the commencement of the 24-hour reading of names of victims. To sign up to read names for a half-hour time slot, visit http://www.hillelatbinghamton.org/yomhashoah.
Other BU Blogs
- Exhibition of artwork by Young Soon Oh
- Anderson Center 2015-16 series: Compañia Flamenca Jose Porcel – tickets on sale now
- Nukporfe ensemble to perform May 8
- Korean Studies Symposium in 2015: Negotiating Gender and Politics in Urban Spaces of Korea
- “Anti-Chinese Sentiment in Latin America” – Tuesday May 5