Hillel at Binghamton will host the annual community Yom HaShoah (Holocaust Remembrance Day) memorial ceremony and 24-hour name reading at 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 18, in FA-Casadesus. Holocaust survivor Helga Shepard will speak and share the story of how she witnessed the horrors of the Holocaust as a young child and survived through it all. The ceremony will be followed by the commencement of the 24-hour reading of names of victims. To sign up to read names for a half-hour time slot, visit http://www.hillelatbinghamton.org/yomhashoah.
Other BU Blogs
- Nukporfe African Drumming and Dance Ensemble
- International Coffee Hour
- MRC Global Fiesta to be held Dec. 4
- Tuesday, November 19: Friedheim Memorial Lecture/Recital: Opera at the Piano, Liszt’s Transcriptions from Wagner
- Colloquium to examine “Armed Group Competition and Civilian Abuse in Multiparty Civil Wars”