Hillel at Binghamton will host the annual community Yom HaShoah (Holocaust Remembrance Day) memorial ceremony and 24-hour name reading at 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 18, in FA-Casadesus. Holocaust survivor Helga Shepard will speak and share the story of how she witnessed the horrors of the Holocaust as a young child and survived through it all. The ceremony will be followed by the commencement of the 24-hour reading of names of victims. To sign up to read names for a half-hour time slot, visit http://www.hillelatbinghamton.org/yomhashoah.
Other BU Blogs
- Webcast from the Library of Congress: Conversations with African Poets & Writers: Tope Folarin
- Webcast from the Library of Congress: Latino Poetry: Pivotal Voices, Era of Transition
- Watson dean honored for internationalization
- Chronicling America’s Historic German Newspapers and the Growth of the American Ethnic Press
- Webcast from the Library of Congress: Conversation with Carmen Boullosa