Hillel at Binghamton will host the annual community Yom HaShoah (Holocaust Remembrance Day) memorial ceremony and 24-hour name reading at 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 18, in FA-Casadesus. Holocaust survivor Helga Shepard will speak and share the story of how she witnessed the horrors of the Holocaust as a young child and survived through it all. The ceremony will be followed by the commencement of the 24-hour reading of names of victims. To sign up to read names for a half-hour time slot, visit http://www.hillelatbinghamton.org/yomhashoah.
Other BU Blogs
- ASIA PAST & PRESENT: NEW RESEARCH FROM AAS
- The 10 best travel stories on “Go Overseas” this Septermber
- Catholicism and Transnational Human Rights Movements in Guatemala, 1968-1996
- Belarusian Author and Journalist Svetlana Alexievich Wins 2015 Nobel Prize in Literature
- Turkey and the War Against ISIS: A Reliable Ally?