CEMERS Lecture, April 11, 3-4:30 p.m., LN-1324C. Nancy Um, associate professor, Department of Art History, will speak on “English Gifts at Mocha: Merchant Tribute and the Social Protocols of Trade in 18th C Coastal Yemen.” Sponsored by the Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies. Free and open to the public. Contact Barbara Knighton, CEMERS, at 607-777-2730 or email@example.com.
Other BU Blogs
- Catholicism and Transnational Human Rights Movements in Guatemala, 1968-1996
- Belarusian Author and Journalist Svetlana Alexievich Wins 2015 Nobel Prize in Literature
- Turkey and the War Against ISIS: A Reliable Ally?
- The Power of Objects: Ars Sacra and the Negotiation of the Sacred in Late Byzantium
- A Gauge of Our Faithfulness’: Religion and the Politics of Immigration Reform