The Russian National Ballet Theatre will bring the timeless tale of Swan Lake to life in four acts on the Anderson Center stage at 8 p.m. Monday, April 23. A classic fairy tale filled with princes, princesses, evil and true love, Swan Lake is one of the most popular ballets from the 19th century. Founded in Moscow in the late 1980s, the Russian National Ballet is dedicated to upholding the tradition of classical Russian ballet and operates under the artistic directorship of legendary Bolshoi principal dancer, Elena Radchenko, who was selected by presidential decree to assume the first permanent artistic directorship of this company of over 50 dancers. General public, $41; faculty, staff and seniors, $36; students, $21. For tickets, call 607-777-ARTS or visit http://anderson.binghamton.edu.
Other BU Blogs
- 2014 Binghamton University German Studies Colloquium this weekend
- This week on the BinghamtonU YouTube: The Confucius Institute of Chinese Opera
- Latin dancing and fun to support healthcare in Dominican Republic
- Harpur Cinema Visiting Film, Video Artist and Speaker Series
- Fernand Braudel Center presents Luiza Franco Moreira – Friday April 4