Onur Yildirim, visiting faculty member in history, will present a lecture titled “Jews in Ottoman Economic Life during the Early Modern Period” at the Jewish Community Center, 500 Clubhouse Road, Vestal, at 8 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 12. The cost for the program is $8, adults; $5, seniors. Binghamton University students are invited to attend free of charge.
Other BU Blogs
- Catholicism and Transnational Human Rights Movements in Guatemala, 1968-1996
- Belarusian Author and Journalist Svetlana Alexievich Wins 2015 Nobel Prize in Literature
- Turkey and the War Against ISIS: A Reliable Ally?
- The Power of Objects: Ars Sacra and the Negotiation of the Sacred in Late Byzantium
- A Gauge of Our Faithfulness’: Religion and the Politics of Immigration Reform