Anne-Maria Makhulu, assistant professor of cultural anthropology and African and African-American Studies at Duke University, will speak on “Unplanned Community: The Struggle for the South African City” at 4 p.m. Friday, Oct. 23, in SW-330. The talk is part of the Harpur College Dean’s Speakers’ Series on the Global South and the Emerging World Order.
Other BU Blogs
- Nukporfe African Drumming and Dance Ensemble
- International Coffee Hour
- MRC Global Fiesta to be held Dec. 4
- Tuesday, November 19: Friedheim Memorial Lecture/Recital: Opera at the Piano, Liszt’s Transcriptions from Wagner
- Colloquium to examine “Armed Group Competition and Civilian Abuse in Multiparty Civil Wars”