In this program from the Library of Congress, Sreevidhya Chandramouli plays the vina, a plucked Indian lute with a fret board spanning three and a half octaves. She was trained in the Karaikudi vina tradition, the only school of south Indian vina players that goes back more than ten generations. Also featured is Poovalur Sriji on the mridangam.
SPEAKER: Sreevidhya Chandramouli, Poovalur Sriji
EVENT DATE: 08/20/2009
RUNNING TIME: 64 minutes
View the program here.
Other BU Blogs
- Nukporfe African Drumming and Dance Ensemble
- International Coffee Hour
- MRC Global Fiesta to be held Dec. 4
- Tuesday, November 19: Friedheim Memorial Lecture/Recital: Opera at the Piano, Liszt’s Transcriptions from Wagner
- Colloquium to examine “Armed Group Competition and Civilian Abuse in Multiparty Civil Wars”