Photo from http://www.soniabaezhernandez.com
Sonia Báez-Hernández will screen and discuss her documentary, Territories of the Breast, from 7-9 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 21, in FA-213. The film explores the multiple crossroads of breast cancer, inequality in health care, gender crisis, medical knowledge and artistic responses. In the film, Báez-Hernández traces her experiences after being diagnosed with breast cancer in 2001 and interviews Latina and African American breast cancer survivors Diana Solís, Tina Nava, Lucille Afua Gram and Catherine Roach Connor. The event is sponsored by the Latin American and Caribbean Area Studies Program (LACAS) and the Art Museum.
Other BU Blogs
- Nukporfe African Drumming and Dance Ensemble
- International Coffee Hour
- MRC Global Fiesta to be held Dec. 4
- Tuesday, November 19: Friedheim Memorial Lecture/Recital: Opera at the Piano, Liszt’s Transcriptions from Wagner
- Colloquium to examine “Armed Group Competition and Civilian Abuse in Multiparty Civil Wars”