The Fall 2009 Cinema Visitors Series, which offers free showings open to the public will feature four contemporary filmmakers this semester.
The schedule includes:
~The Roh and the Cooked: Structural Film, Actionism, Paracinema by Branden Joseph on Monday, Oct. 19
~The March, Horse/Kappa/House, Tziporah, and non-Aryan by Abraham Ravett on Wednesday, Nov. 4
~a slideshow titled Masafumi Fukagawa by Hitoshi Toyoda on Monday, Nov. 23
~and films by Marie Losier at 1:10 p.m. Monday, Nov. 30
All artists will be available to discuss their work.
All screenings are at 7:30 p.m. (unless otherwise noted) in LH- 6.
Sponsored by the Broome County Arts Council and co-sponsored by Harpur College Dean’s Speakers Series and funded in part by Presentation Funds from the Experimental Television Center, which is supported by the New York State Council of the Arts. For more information, call 777-4998 or 777-4997 or visit the Cinema Department’s website.
Other BU Blogs
- Nukporfe African Drumming and Dance Ensemble
- International Coffee Hour
- MRC Global Fiesta to be held Dec. 4
- Tuesday, November 19: Friedheim Memorial Lecture/Recital: Opera at the Piano, Liszt’s Transcriptions from Wagner
- Colloquium to examine “Armed Group Competition and Civilian Abuse in Multiparty Civil Wars”